I am in full-on denial right now about summer ending. I know that fall sounds lovely (IN THEORY) to lots of folks, but I’m still clinging to these warm, sunny days like my life depends on it. I’m really hoping that Chicago will still be fairly warm (damn this unseasonably cool summer!) until late September, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
Anyway, last summer I went on a paleta making spree and this summer was really no different. I made some of my staples from last year, and also tried out a few new ones, including Maura’s vegan fudge popsicles which were of course, super delicious.
My most recent recipe was one I revisited and tweaked from last year. I was super happy with the results, so I thought I’d share it:
Coconut lime yogurt paletas
Makes 6 paletas
Adapted from The Corner Kitchen
1 14-oz can of light coconut milk
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (I used Trader Joe’s brand yogurt)
1/4 cup of agave syrup
1/2 cup of sweetened (or unsweetened) shredded coconut
Juice and zest of two limes
Blend together the yogurt and coconut milk. Once it’s fully mixed, add in the agave syrup and lime juice + zest. Either blend in or mix in by hand the shredded coconut. Freeze the paletas for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Run the molds under warm water for at least 30 seconds and then wiggle the paleta out. Enjoy!
Summer isn’t over yet, so enjoy it while it lasts! I know I will.
Hello from the shiny, new version of my blog! I can’t believe it’s been two months since I last posted, but since I got back from my trip to Central America, I wanted to revamp my site and also take some time off from blogging. So, I shuffled everything back over to WordPress, brushed up on my CSS skills, and asked the super awesome Liz for her help with design (and she did an amazing job!). And voila! Daniela-Yvonne.com was born.
I’m still tweaking things here and there, but I love the new look so far. And for my first official post on my new site, I thought I’d recap my summer so far:
* Drinking and dining al fresco (pictured first is a drink called ¿Por Que No? from Takito Kitchen. SO GOOD.
* Back porch hangs in the suburbs. Alex and I did house-sat for his folks during the 4th of July weekend and we took full advantage of their backyard.
* Street festivals galore! The best so far was Square Roots in our neighborhood, where local breweries came together to serve up some great craft brews.
* Pitchfork Fest on Saturday. We didn’t get tickets to Lollapalooza this year, so we hit up Pitchfork for a day to take in a day of music.
* Weekly Sunday hangs with my friends to watch True Blood. This show has gotten so ridiculous but we CAN’T stop watching!
August begins today and I feel like summer is just getting started. There’s still so much more to see and do before fall returns in October.Also, today just happens to be my birthday. I’m now 27! To celebrate, I have the day off tomorrow to treat myself to a trip to the salon and some shopping, followed by dinner at a new restaurant in Logan Square.
How is your summer so far?