Hello from the shiny, new version of my blog! I can’t believe it’s been two months since I last posted, but since I got back from my trip to Central America, I wanted to revamp my site and also take some time off from blogging. So, I shuffled everything back over to WordPress, brushed up on my CSS skills, and asked the super awesome Liz for her help with design (and she did an amazing job!). And voila! Daniela-Yvonne.com was born.
I’m still tweaking things here and there, but I love the new look so far. And for my first official post on my new site, I thought I’d recap my summer so far:
* Drinking and dining al fresco (pictured first is a drink called ¿Por Que No? from Takito Kitchen. SO GOOD.
* Back porch hangs in the suburbs. Alex and I did house-sat for his folks during the 4th of July weekend and we took full advantage of their backyard.
* Street festivals galore! The best so far was Square Roots in our neighborhood, where local breweries came together to serve up some great craft brews.
* Pitchfork Fest on Saturday. We didn’t get tickets to Lollapalooza this year, so we hit up Pitchfork for a day to take in a day of music.
* Weekly Sunday hangs with my friends to watch True Blood. This show has gotten so ridiculous but we CAN’T stop watching!
August begins today and I feel like summer is just getting started. There’s still so much more to see and do before fall returns in October.Also, today just happens to be my birthday. I’m now 27! To celebrate, I have the day off tomorrow to treat myself to a trip to the salon and some shopping, followed by dinner at a new restaurant in Logan Square.
How is your summer so far?